ReelMowersHQ.com views the Fiskars 6201 18 StaySharp™ 5-Blade Reel Mower as the #1 choice in push lawn movers – definitely a quality product, and a joy to use, but only purchase if you like to PUSH.
Built to last, the Fiskars 6201 offers the latest in mower technology, such as the patent-pending InertiaDrive. StaySharp cutting system and variable cut height ranges – that well passes the abilities of other reel mowers. With this, the StaySharp Max provides an earth-friendly, efficient, and best in its class reel mower.
The combination of these latest technologies within reel mover market makes the StaySharp 6201 Mower at least 60% easier to push up and down the lawn than most other similar styled machines available, which helps you get a lot more done while using a lot less effort.
Best of all, mow a lawn without a need to top up with gasoline, charge, oil, hassle of power cords or the constant noise. Gardeners elsewhere operating a large push or riding mower can often expect costs in the region of $150+ per season – maintaining blades, filters, belts, oil, plugs, etc can be a expensive endeavor – this is almost entirely avoided with the more efficient, and eco-friendly running of a push mover.
- Eco-friendly design eliminates a need for electrical cords, gasoline, or recharging batteries, as well as the loud noise of an engine (as noticed with a hover mower)
- 60-percent easier to push than other brands of reel mowers
- InertiaDrive™ cutting reel offers double the cutting power to similar models for ease in eradicating thick weeds, small twigs, dense grass (all-types of residential grasses, even tough variations, such as the Bahia, Bermuda, St. Augustine, and Zoysia), and other tough areas, which can jam less performing reel mowers.
- Hardened steel blades cut without touching the ground to greatly reduce blade wear, friction, and gives long-term performance
- Cut heights, at 1 to 4-inch, offering all season cutting. Easy one-touch adjustments for ease in use
- Full width blades (18-inch) guarantee no un-cut strips of lawn, as well as the ability to cut close to fences, borders, and foundations
- Unique designed chute quickly throws grass clippings in a forward direction, away from the mower
- Limited 3-year warranty
Reviews & Ratings
Did I mention the average 4.3-average ratings given by customers? It always helps to listen to satisfied customers and I like what they’re saying.
It’s great to see most of the positive reviewers rate the Fiskars 6201 18-inch StaySharp Max Push Reel Mower at 5-stars (215+ reviews at the time of writing this) – a great number praise the mechanical quality and ergonomic features of the machine. Comments noted in earnest include its ease in assembly, quiet operation, no smell, and simplicity in use, lightweight construction and ability to adjust height.
Of the negative comments noted, costumers often talk about the difficulty of cutting quite long; weed stalks or wet grass – although it does cut the lawn absolutely great – noticeably overgrown grass is beyond the recommend cutting length of these types of mowers.
On top of the positive remarks, the sale price for the Fiskars 6201 is at a very attractive mark with the best prices in the marketplace often seen to be found at Amazon. Click here to check of the latest offers.
Overall the quality of the Fiskars reel mower can’t be denied, it delivers fast, clean cut grass, with a light pushing action, and blades that stay sharp for the cuttings seasons length. A worthwhile investment for anyone in need of a quiet, efficient, and well-constructed push reel mower – and a perfect green alternative to the gas guzzling push mowers.